<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Lorraine ROCKs

Yarn shop owners are, by and by, wonderful people. There are some mean ones, some who just don't seem happy, or who seem to resent their customers. However, in my experience these types are few and far between. Most are warm and generous types. Lorraine, owner of A Good Yarn has acted as an angel for me more than once. Today was one of those days.

My fiance is sick and is starting interferon treatment this week. I went into the yarn shop to just pet some yarn and to consider using some lovely Jamieson for the Rogue sweater. I talked with Lorraine about it, how I am loading up on knitting materials as I'll need serious de-stressing while he undergoes treatment. She suggested doubling up the lovely Silky Wool from Elsebeth Lavold...yum!!!! I grabbed a skein to swatch. I took a gander at what she was working on- she was just starting a neck warmer in Cape Cod Cashmere. We did a swap. I am knitting up the neck warmer for the shop in exchange for one skein of Silky Wool. I am in yarn heaven!!!!

THANK YOU, Lorraine! I can now chill out with some blissful knitting tonight, first cashmere then Silky Wool! WOW!! Enough typing, it's time to get knitting!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?